THERMAL WEAR - BASIC
Thermal wear BASIC is incredibly popular in Denmark, as it is both warm, insulating, water-repellent and durable. Thermal wear BASIC is designed for many hours of active play. The pants have extra reinforcements on the knees and back. The ribbed edges of the hands, feet and neck protect against cold.
WHEN DO YOU USE THERMAL WEAR?
- Use the thermal wear during the transition periods
- Use under rainwear, on wet rainy days to stay warm
- Use under jackets or snowsuits for extra insulation
- Use the jacket as a spring/ summer/ autumn jacket
WHY DO CHILDREN NEED THERMAL WEAR?
We would like to briefly explain what thermal wear is and why it is a good idea to have a set in your children's wardrobe. Thermal clothing consists of three layers of fabric that are welded together. It is the combination of these layers that provides the insulating and wind-repellent function that keeps the child's body warm. As the fabric is also water-repellent or waterproof, children can play in the damp grass without getting wet. Thermal clothing is made of a lightweight material that allows free movement during play. The thermal clothing is obvious to use during the transition periods, but can also be used as a jacket on a cool summer day, under the rainwear on the wet days or during the winter for extra warmth under the outerwear.
WHY USE THERMAL WEAR UNDER RAIN WEAR?
It can often be an advantage to wear thermal wear under your rain wear. It can be cold to play outside in the rain only wearing rainwear. Most children love to play in puddles, but the cold puddles quickly cool the body. The thermal clothing keeps the children warm, so they want to play and have fun outdoors for a longer period of time.
WHY IS THERMAL WEAR POPULAR IN DENMARK?
Thermal wear is incredibly popular in danish kindergartens, as it is warm, insulating, water-repellent and durable. Thermal wear is designed for active play. Children will stay warm outdoors for many hours. In addition, thermal wear is easy for the children to put on and take off themselves.
OUTERWEAR WASHING TIPS
We believe that every little contribution to a more sustainable world counts! With the right washing tips, you can easily save energy, water and not least time, which can be used outdoors with the children! Always remember to read the washing instructions on the clothing label.
- Most outerwear from mikk-line is dirt-repellent. Often it is enough to get water on the dirt, and wipe it off with a cloth.
- Outerwear only rarely needs to be machine washed, as each wash removes some of the water-repellent/waterproof coating.
- Close the zipper / velcro before washing.
- Wash without washing powder or with a special washing powder for outerwear.
- Do not use fabric softener as it may impair the breathability of the clothes.
- Turn the outerwear inside out when washed
- Products with the ”dryer symbol” can be dried at low temperatures.
You can find more washing advices on www.clevercare.info